Thursday, June 11, 2009

Scooters




I cant believe how much fun scooters are, I have never been into cars or motorcycles but first experienced scooter riding when I would vacation in Key West. They were of course rentals and didnt go very fast but have amazing memories of scootin around KW.

I bought a 50cc scooter last year at the end of the summer and knew pretty quickly I needed a bigger scooter that went faster than 35 mph. I recently bought my first big boy scooter. Its a SYM hd200 and it's "SWEET" I love it and it has given me back a sense of play that I had lost. I want to ride it all the time and it makes getting places so much more fun than driving my truck. My scooter gets about 70mpg, goes 70 mph. I am able to ride it almost everywhere I go on a regular basis when it isnt raining. I am saving well over a $100 a month on gas and expect to save even more when the weather allows me to ride it everyday.

If you are at all interested in buying a scooter do your homework. When I decided to buy a scooter it was a bit confusing but it didnt take me long to figure out that "cheap" was not the way to go. Vespas which are made by Piaggio are by far the most superior, they are the Mercedes Benz of scooters and the most respected. They have a long history, hold their resale value and are made very well. I personally prefer a more modern looking scooter which is why I chose the SYM HD200. I also prefer the 16inch wheels on the scooter I chose as well as the overall size of the bike .Most all reputable scooter dealers are selling SYM scooters and the HD200 gets great reviews all across the board. The price for me was more affordable and I also like the size. STAY AWAY from Chinese scooters. They are very inexpensive but they are notoriously undependable.
Expect to pay about 2-5 grand for a nice scooter. They are so much fun. Ya know how people will call their car, boat, motorcycle or even pets their "babies".....my scooter is the first thing I have ever owned that I refer to as my baby!
All photos except for the one with my dog taken at Vespa Lexington http://vespalexington.com/blog/
They're good guys.




No comments:

Post a Comment